Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I broke my rule and didn't write yesterday! Or did I?


I did write yesterday. I just wrote a very very long email to a friend. I know, some may not consider THAT writing, but in it, I outlined an idea for the book I am writing this year. Yes, it is coming. I am forcing myself.

A new black cat is making her way into the family and our hearts. I hope it's to make up for the loss of Pyewacket (above) who was captured, but released in our TNR project. The person who released her thought she was doing her a favor. But we had put nearly $200 in her, with shots and a hysterectomy. Ah, well.

This lovely black cat outside here is very chubby and quite vocal. She let me pet her the other day. She lives in the granary portion of the barn with the HUUUGE tomcat which I call Big Fat Red Cat. So, she became Big Fat Black Cat because, well, she kind of is. When she nuzzled my hand while I was feeding her the other day, I knew she was going to stick around (if only to maintain the color scheme. Our mammalia are all black, or black and white).

This morning, I was out in the barn and BFBC came out, talking up a storm and sticking very close to me. I went to the back porch to get her some food from the bin, and spontaneously burst into an Elvis Costello lyric. " . . .and my name is Veronica".

So it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment