Monday, March 8, 2010

Pilfered Project: Work and Update







So, I was told that I was supposed to have 15 pieces of flare. Ha! I'm onto you!

I do have a few pictures of work, but it's of a different kind. I thought about what work means to me right now. I have been hired as an instructor at Delta College (but I miss UC!), but I have not worked outside of the home for over a year.

So, what is work to me?

Work is the huge gorgeous old barn in my yard whose renovations begin next month. The cement flooring was not reinforced when poured, pushing out the sides of the barn. But, look at the internal structure: solid, whole trees (some with bark attached). It's worth the work of saving!

The other idea I had is that other forces work, too, not just humans. As the boiling water steeps the teabags, so I work to have the tea calm my senses. It's a beautiful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment