Thursday, July 8, 2010

Pilfered Picture Project: The Circle


Annabella, one of the many outside cats here, showed up 6/22 with 6 babies.
~
When she disappeared on Sunday, 7/4, little did we know she would leave her babies behind. Even more little did I know that it was because they were all so ill (except Leonard). And, sadly, all but Leonard would be dead in just a few days.
~
This is Bitsy's hidey spot ~ a watering can on our porch. We thought she just wanted to be alone. In truth, she knew she was not long for this world. She was finding her place to die.
~
We never found Ritzy's body (she was a champagne tabby). We wonder if the hawk circling overhead got her. Kitz was gone when we found him, but twin sister, Mitzi, died in my arms. It killed me to know that while I was busy at the doctor, they were busy dying, about 50 feet away from the house. They had climbed into the lillies together, and they were buried together, next to Bitsy. Itsy, on the other hand, I took to the vet to be euthanized. She was too far gone, and it happened so quickly! All the litters of kittens I had hand -raised. It was just so fast, their demise. So fast.
~
Leonard, now named Pixel, found a loving home with Tim's brother & his wife. We wish him all the love and luck in the world.
~
The circle of life continues, as Husband and I are left to ponder how many barn cats and unloved babies, with so much to give, die each year, alone, under the lillies.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Kim, my email friend, your love for animals is so beautiful. I'm thinking that to die under the lilies would be better than on a street beneath the tire of a car. I don't know your feelings regarding the subject of animals going to Heaven. I believe that animals go to Heaven and those that left beloved owners behind are waiting to be reunited some day. Stray animals, never being loved on earth, will find love in Heaven.

    ReplyDelete